John Stewart advises clients regarding complex commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition, sale and financing of hotels, shopping centers, office buildings, apartment complexes, residential developments, industrial properties and undeveloped land.
John represents both lenders and borrowers in real estate financing transactions for the acquisition of real estate, as well as during troubled times when workouts and loan modifications are necessary.
John is board certified in commercial real estate law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Read details of John's experience here.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- American Bar Association
- Texas Association of Bank Counsel
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Real Estate Council of San Antonio
- San Antonio Real Estate Discussion Group
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section, Member
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV® PreeminentTM Peer Review Rating
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers In America®, 2001-2014,
- "Lawyer of the Year," 2009
- "Texas Super Lawyer," in Real Estate Law, Texas Monthly, 2014
- Scene in SA, "San Antonio's Best Lawyers," 2005-2011
- Selected for inclusion as a "Texas Super Lawyer", Law and Politics Magazine, 2003-2011, 2013
- Selected for inclusion as a "Corporate Counsel Super Lawyer", Law and Politics Magazine, 2009
Related PracticesReal Estate
|Board Certified in Commercial Law and Residential Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization|
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., with high honors, Order of the Coif, 1979
- St. Mary's University, B.S., summa cum laude, 1976
Admitted to Practice
- Texas, 1982
- Arizona, 1979