Kerry Benedict represents real estate developers, sellers, buyers, lenders, landlords and tenants in complex real estate transactions, including acquisition and/or development projects, farm/ranch and recreational property projects, and complex leasing and financing transactions. Kerry also represents significant national and state bank clients in connection with their special asset projects, including loan workouts, restructures and collateral recovery, and he assists on litigation and bankruptcy matters arising from loan recovery projects. Kerry is head of the firm's Financial Services Industry Team and is Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Read details of Kerry's experience.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- State Bar of Texas
- San Antonio Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- College of the State Bar of Texas, Maintaining Member
- San Antonio Golf Association (Valero Texas Open), Former Director
- Chairman, 2011 Valero Texas Open
- The Carver Academy, Former Director
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Advisory Board, St. Philip's College, 2012 - Present
- Fellows of Texas Bar Foundation, Member
Martindale-Hubbell® AV® Peer Review RatingSelected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers In America®, 2006-2015
Named the Best Lawyer's 2013 San Antonio Banking & Finance Law "Lawyer of the Year"
Selected for inclusion as a "Texas Super Lawyer," 2006-2014
Scene in SA, "San Antonio's Best Lawyers," 2005-2013
Related PracticesReal Estate
|Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization|
- St. Mary's University School of Law, J.D., 1978
- Southwest Texas State University, B.S., with highest honors, 1976
Admitted to Practice
- Texas, 1978
- United States District Court Southern District of Texas