Rene practices water law, helping clients on projects involving water rights and permits, permit transfers and amendments, water supply projects, retail water service, impoundments and reservoirs, and water reuse.
He also represents clients before state and local governmental agencies in permitting, rulemaking, and enforcement proceedings, including contested case hearings before the State Office of Administrative Hearings and judicial review of agency actions.
Rene advises clients on the public laws that apply to governmental entities involved in transactions or disputes with private parties, including economic development projects and public-private partnerships.
Rene has significant experience working on major multi-year, multi-discipline projects.
His clients include land owners, for-profit businesses, cities, counties, water and electric utilities, water speculators, real estate developers, and oil and gas companies.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Chair, Water Committee, Section of Public Utilities, Communications and Transportation Law, ABA, 2010-present.
- Editor, Water Report, Recent Developments in Public Utilities, Communications and Transportation, ABA, 2010-present.
- Council Member, Section of Public Utilities, Communications and Transportation Law, ABA, 2011-2012.
- Scene in SA, “San Antonio’s Best Lawyers,” 2008, 2013
- Selected for inclusion as a "Texas Rising Star," Law and Politics Magazine, 2005
|Board Certified in Administrative Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization|
- St. Mary's University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1999
- University of Houston, B.S., 1992