Rene has extensive experience representing cities, counties, city-owned water and electric utilities, water supply corporations, and hospital districts in all aspects of their activities both governmental and proprietary. He has significant experience working on all kinds of water-related matters, for landowners, water companies, water speculators, cities and counties, and oil and gas exploration companies. Rene also has special knowledge of the public laws that apply to local governments and the expenditure of public funds in public-private partnerships and controversies. He currently devotes his practice to matters involving water, to representing clients before state and local regulatory agencies, and to counseling parties to public-private transactions or litigation.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Chair, Water Committee, Section of Public Utilities, Communications and Transportation Law, ABA, 2010-present.
- Editor, Water Report, Recent Developments in Public Utilities, Communications and Transportation, ABA, 2010-present.
- Council Member, Section of Public Utilities, Communications and Transportation Law, ABA, 2011-2012.
- Scene in SA, “San Antonio’s Best Lawyers,” 2008
- Selected for inclusion as a "Texas Rising Star," Law and Politics Magazine, 2005
- St. Mary's University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1999
- University of Houston, B.S., 1992