Tom Rice assists clients in a wide range of complex matters relating to insolvency and its effects on the rights of creditors. The diverse nature of his experience includes representing both national and local businesses seeking to reorganize their debts while in bankruptcy, creditors’ committees regarding the treatment of general unsecured claims by a debtor, and individual creditors (secured lenders as well as general trade creditors). Tom spends a significant amount of time advising individual creditors about their rights in the event of a bankruptcy case and working with them to maximize their rights prior to the filing of a bankruptcy case. In addition, he is a regular speaker and author on real estate bankruptcy issues and trends.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Associate Editor of the ABI Journal's "Benchnotes"
- DFW Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers
- State Bar of Texas Bankruptcy Section
- Law School Relations, Vice President
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Central Texas Turnaround Management Association, President
- San Antonio Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Selected for inclusion as a "Texas Rising Star," Law and Politics Magazine, 2004-2008, 2010 and 2011
- Scene in SA, "San Antonio's Best Lawyers", 2007 and 2011
|Board Certified in Business Bankruptcy Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization|
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1999
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.A., 1995